Tramadol, marketed under the brand name Ultram, is an opiate painkiller usually prescribed in the treatment of moderate to moderately severe pain including osteoporosis, dental and neuropathy in chronic as well as acute settings. This medication is also approved for the treatment of cancer pain in periods not greater than three months. In order to manage pain effectively without going to the drug store, Order Tramadol Online.
Tramadol stands apart from other opiate medications for these two reasons:
1. This drug comes with an uncommon, dual-acting benefit. It not only acts as an opiate to manage the sense of pain but also increases the availability of serotonin and norepinephrine – the two other neurotransmitter chemicals in the brain. Serotonin manages a host of functions including mood and sleep whereas norepinephrine is recognized for its ability to improve focus and concentration.
2. Tramadol is a completely synthetic medication which implies that it does not occur in nature; it is man-made. This is in contrast to codeine and morphine that are natural opiate drugs derived from the opium poppy. Further, it differs from medications such as hydrocodone, hydromorphone and oxycodone, which made in a laboratory are semi-synthetic retain few natural qualities.
This medication falls under the group of drugs known as opioid agonists. A class of medications is a group of drugs that function in a similar manner. These medicines are frequently used in the treatment of similar medical health conditions.
Tramadol acts by changing the way brain feels pain. It is similar to endorphins – hormones secreted within the brain. Endorphins bind to receptors that decrease the pain messages your body sends to the brain. This medication also works likewise to reduce the intensity of pain your brain thinks you are experiencing.
Interactions that make you more prone to side effects from other medications:
Ingestion of tramadol with other medicines increases your risk of side effects from those medications. This may occur due to the increase in the amount of those medicines in your body. These drugs include:
Depression medications such as fluoxetine, citalopram, sertraline, paroxetine, excitalopram, venlafaxine, duloxetine:
You may suffer from serotonin syndrome, a medical health condition caused by high levels of serotonin. Its symptoms include:
1. Accelerated heartbeat
3. Restlessness or agitation
5. Increase in body temperature
In case you take one of these medications simultaneously with this drug, you may need to visit your doctor frequently for check-ups and also make changes in the Tramadol Dose if needed.
Hypnotics such as zolpidem:
Taking Tramadol in combination with these medications may lead to the occurrence of the following symptoms:
1. Decrease in blood pressure
3. Slow or shallow breathing
4. A decrease in heart rate
You should tell the doctor if you are taking any of these medications before starting the treatment with Tramadol Pills. The doctor may change the dose for the hypnotic drugs.
Interactions that make you more prone to the side effects from Tramadol:
The risk of side effects increase in case you ingest Tramadol with certain medications. This may happen due to the increase in the amount of this drug in your body. You may be frequently checked by the medical practitioner in case you ingest one of these medications in combination with Tramadol Pain Pills. The doctor may make some change in your regular dosage of this medication. These drugs include the following:
1. Antidepressants such as amitriptyline
2. Heart rhythm medications such as quinidine
3. Antibiotics such as erythromycin
4. Antifungal medications such as ketoconazole or voriconazole
5. Protease inhibitors such as atazanavir, ritonavir or darunavir
What are the warnings linked with tramadol use?
This medication comes with numerous boxed warnings. A boxed warning is the most serious warning issued by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). It cautions you about its dangerous side effects.
Warning of addiction and misuse:
This drug is prone to misuse and addiction, which may in turn lead to overdose and death. Hence, you should take this medication in the exact manner as prescribed by the qualified medical practitioner.
Warning of slowed or stopped breathing:
Regular ingestion of tramadol for an extended time period may result in either slow down or stopping your breathing, causing death. It needs to be treated immediately. The risk of this side effect is greatest within the first three days of initiating the treatment with this drug or on taking it in higher amounts that prescribed.
Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS):
The FDA mandates the manufacturer of this drug to offer an REMS program. Under this program, the manufacturer develops educational programs for the doctor regarding safe use of opioids.
Warning of accidental ingestion:
In case anyone, particularly children, ingest a dose of this medication accidentally even once, it may lead to death. Hence, it should be kept in a place out of reach of children.
Warning of neonatal opioid withdrawal syndrome:
In case you take ultram during pregnancy for prolonged period, it may cause withdrawal reactions in your baby that may even cause death. Withdrawal symptoms include: hyperactivity; high-pitched cry; irritability; unusual sleep patterns; vomiting; failure to gain weight; tremors and diarrhea.